Monday, May 19, 2014

Monday Morning Digest Magazine: Analog, January 1978


Although I've read many older issues of ANALOG over the years, the January 1978 issue was the first one I bought new (probably at Readers World, a store I've written about before on this blog). Some of the titles and authors stuck in my memory, so with a little research I was able to figure out which issue it was. That said, I don't remember anything else about the fiction, which includes stories by Dean Ing, Stanley Schmidt (soon to be the editor of the magazine, but in those days it was still edited by Ben Bova), Sam Nicholson, L.E. Modesitt Jr., and Kevin O'Donnell. I must have enjoyed it because I bought other issues later on, although as with most digest magazines, distribution was sort of hit-and-miss around here.

2 comments:

David Cranmer said...

Those sharp covers always jumped out at me in the 80s when I buying quite a few.

Todd Mason said...

April 1978 was my own first new one. It was the magazine my father was most likely to buy, and a couple of issues had been kicking around the house for years.