Tuesday, July 02, 2013

Tuesday's Overlooked Radio Comedy: Nobody's Business - Hudson and Landry


Bob Hudson and Ron Landry were morning show DJs in Los Angeles who starting recording their comedy routines and became quite successful at it for a few years. They recorded four albums, all of which sold very well. I became acquainted with their work when one of the stations I listened to in college did a comedy spot every hour before the news (good timing, if you ask me) and bits by Hudson and Landry were featured frequently. This is one I've never forgotten in the forty years since then. It'll become obvious very quickly that it's based on an even more famous comedy bit by an even more famous team, but it's still very funny in its own right. The video clip is extremely annoying, though, so my advice would be just to listen and not watch.

3 comments:

Morgan Holmes said...

Bob Landry was actually Bob Holmes, my uncle. He used to play golf with Glen Campbell and played a part in breaking Glen big. In thanks, Glen hired my uncle to write for him for the Glen Campbell TV show.

James Reasoner said...

That's very cool, Morgan. They were big favorites of mine when I was in college. I used to have some of their cassette tapes and played them in the car on trips, too.

Cap'n Bob said...

I had the Hang in There album.