Friday, March 09, 2012

Hugo



I know a lot of people liked this movie (obviously, considering its award nominations), but I just never warmed up to it. It looked great, the actors were fine, and the early moviemaking stuff was sort of interesting (I'm perfectly aware of Melies' importance in the history of film, but I've never actually been entertained by what I've seen of his work). However, I thought the whole thing was slow as molasses in December and I never connected to it.


I did like the brief clips from William S. Hart's TUMBLEWEEDS and Buster Keaton's THE GENERAL, though. I love those two films.

2 comments:

Jerry House said...

I found the movie interesting but over-rated. Kitty was bored out of her skull. Joe Bob Briggs probably hated it.

Adventuresfantastic said...

It's been my observation that Joe Bob Briggs hates most everything that doesn't contain breasts. :)