Sunday, August 07, 2011

Tangled

TANGLED, a retelling and expansion of the Rapunzel story, is another animated movie that I really liked. It's more specifically aimed at kids than RANGO is, but the humor works pretty well for all ages. There are some surprisingly good action scenes, too. I'm not much of a fan of musicals, with a few exceptions (SINGIN' IN THE RAIN is one of my all-time favorite movies), but TANGLED isn't song-heavy and the songs that are there work pretty well. The animation is okay throughout and beautiful at times. All in all, a pleasant, entertaining movie, and sometimes that's just what you want.

4 comments:

mybillcrider said...

Another one I liked a lot.

David Cranmer said...

I bet in just a few short months I will be watching a lot of these movies and enjoying.

Prashant C. Trikannad said...

I haven't seen TANGLED but I have seen SINGIN' IN THE RAIN at least a dozen times. Donald O'Connor's "Make 'Em Laugh" solo act in the studio has never ceased to delight me. A very gifted actor.

pattinase (abbott) said...

When we took my four-year old grandson to see this, he claimed it was a girls' movie, but I noticed he has watched it again and again at home.