Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Amazing

Yesterday afternoon about three o’clock, one of my editors emailed and said that he needed the outline for an upcoming book in a series I write for him. I told Livia about the email and mentioned that I didn’t have a plot idea worked out for that book yet. Then I went back to work, thinking that I’d figure out something later. Less than an hour and a half after that, she handed me not one but three, count ‘em three, perfectly usable plots, complete with historical references for each. And this isn’t the first time she’s done something like that. I can only shake my head in awe.

I picked one of the plots, fleshed it out this morning, and sent it to the editor. I’m going to use at least one of the other two for another series, as well. No idea goes to waste around here.

On another note, I got author copies of one of my ghost jobs yesterday, too. It should show up in the stores in another week or so. But my name’s not anywhere on it. So just look for a book without my name, and that’ll be mine!

8 comments:

David Cranmer said...

It sounds like you have an incredible support system in Livia.

James Reasoner said...

Amen, brother.

Gary Dobbs/Jack Martin said...

And what a production team you two make -oh and James I bought the newest Harry Potter today and your name's nowhere on it. That not you is it?

James Reasoner said...

You never know.

(Just joking, Ms. Rowling!)

pattinase (abbott) said...

There is nothing more pleasing than a soulmate in the house.

Charles Gramlich said...

Yeah Livia!

A handy lass to have around, that one.

I'm going to go to B and N tomorrow and buy all books "without" your name so I'm sure to get the right one. ;)

Juri said...

Me and my wife have something like that - she's a freelance journalist - but we don't come close to that, James! Here's to you, Livia!

Cap'n Bob said...

It doesn't seem fair, having all that talent, creativity, and work ethic in one place.

WV: Mings. The kind of vases I'll never own.